Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Afternoon in North Georgia

This afternoon Joel and I took off and headed up to North Georgia. We have been enjoying all the beautiful changing leaves and wanted to see more. These first pictures are from the entrance to our apartment area. The trees are so beautiful right now, and we get to see them every day! It was great to get to see all the pretty fall colors up in the mountains on our drive.


from across the lake
close up
This one is for Joel...he likes the yellow/orange/green ones. I like the red ones the best!

Finally, after I got these pictures taken, we headed to North Georgia. Our destination was a town called Helen. Every year for the entire month of October, Helen, GA, has Oktoberfest festivities. The town is quite interesting in its decor...just see the pictures below. Their specialty during this month is beer and brats. We did not try either, but we did enjoy the beautiful weather and the unique atmosphere.

I hope y'all had a great weekend!



1 comment:

Kelli said...

OMG! I cannot believe y'all went to Helen!! Isn't it an interesting (to say the least) town?! Drew, Jonathan, Emilie and I went there back in May; the boys rode their bikes there, and Emilie and I met them! Ha, funny.