Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What I've been up to lately...

A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I had taken a machine quilting class. I have been practicing my free motion quilting on scraps of fabric. I have a small boy's quilt in mind that I plan to donate to a charity (perhaps Project Linus), so that is why I have been practicing on all of these trucks and cars.

These are in NO way perfect, but it was fun to try out something new. I did the train first, and you can definitely tell it! I think the truck looks the best. By the way, the color in these pictures is awful, but at least you can see the quilting. (It is actually green fabric with white thread.)


Also, I found a good deal on a Burda pattern - 9772 at the local JoAnn's store this week. I decided to go out on a limb and try it! It is the first piece of clothing that I have made that is partially lined. I am proud of it, but most of all I am proud because I didn't have any difficulties while sewing it! I almost always have some sort of major question about what the directions mean or something like that.

I still have to do the buttonholes on the bib and put the buttons on the straps. I thought the fall fabric was too cute.


I hope you are having a good week. It is nasty and rainy here today. We turned on the heat for the first time this weekend. I am about to whip up some waffles, and then maybe we'll watch a movie.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

You are so talented! I am jealous of your sewing skills. My curtains were a nightmare.

Frances Arnold said...

Hi Abbi. Congratulations....Your quilting looks great!!! Keep it up!!