Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Really March!

It is hard to believe how fast this year is already going. March is a big month for us in the birthday department. We will celebrate Joel's birthday next week, hopefully with some chocolate covered strawberries (he really likes those) and maybe cupcakes (I like cupcakes, haha :)). We also have a nephew who will celebrate his birthday this month. He is getting so big...crazy!

Also, we will be adding to our nephew count at the very end of this month on the Oakley side. We can't wait to meet the new little guy in less than a month! Hopefully, we will get to see him not too long after he is born and celebrate with the family.

My friend Brooke will be having her little boy sooner than expected. She was not due until the end of March, but she and Justin are excited about Brayden's arrival on Wednesday (if all goes as planned). I can't wait to meet him and get some pictures of him!

Joel is enjoying his week of Spring Break that officially started today. In Mississippi, he always got his birthday off during SB, but here, he will have to celebrate a week early. :) Today he has been enjoying some time playing Super Mario Bros. for Wii. He stays extremely busy during the semester, so I am glad that he can take a little time for himself. (He still has to do some homework this week, but at least nothing is due!)

I am off for part of the week. Two of the classes I teach are at a school that is on the quarter system. Unfortunately the end of the quarter ends one week after Spring Break, which I do get at the other school. So, this week, I have classes on Monday and Wednesday, but I get the rest of the week off. I am certainly not complaining. I am glad to be getting SB! :) I checked the book "A Time Traveler's Wife" out from the library this weekend. It has been nice to have a book to read while recovering from the flu, and hopefully, I will get to read a good bit this week while I am off.

I hope you have had a taste of this beautiful weather that we were given today. Here's to hoping it stays for a bit!

No comments: