Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation

Joel and I took off last Monday (a week ago) headed to Destin to meet up with my family. We were there for several days, and we really enjoyed the beach, good food, and great family time.

This is the second time that my family has taken a summer trip to the beach. Last year I saw people parasailing and thought it looked like a lot of fun, but I did not get around to doing it (plus I would have had to go by myself.) This year Joel came along to the beach with me. I mentioned how fun it would be to parasail the first day we were there. My sister's decided that would be the perfect birthday present for me (they were right!). So on Thursday morning Joel and I headed off to get on the boat.

Here are some pictures to prove that we did it :) :

Us leaving the boat...
Starting to get higher...in the one on the right you can see how far away we got from the boat. The total length of rope was 800 ft.




















Finally coming back to the boat...as they brought us back in we got dunked in the water to about waist level.


Eventually we got all the way back to the boat. It was a lot of fun...we could see so far in every direction when we were all the way up in the air.


The last night that Joel and I were there the whole crew headed down to the beach to take pictures. Here are a couple of shots that we got:

How cute is she?

Here is one of Maddi...how grown up is she getting!He is getting so handsome! About to start 8th grade...hard to believe!


We got them to pose together!
And finally, Joel was nice enough to pose with me for a picture or two :)

No comments: