Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long weekend...

I LOVE long weekends. It was so great when I got in the bed on Sunday night and realized I didn't have to get up to go to work the next day. It was like an extra Saturday...can't beat that feeling. We had a great weekend with lots going on.

This weekend we had family on the Oakley side and on the McPhail side in town. Friday Joel and I got to spend some alone time together. Then on Saturday we spent a little time with the Oakley family (Deborah, Sanders, Wynn, and Rebekah) in the morning. Saturday afternoon we went to Avi Grace's 1st birthday party! I promise to post pictures soon...but for now you can check out some here at Avi's blog. The party was a lot of fun, and on top of that we got to see more McPhail family there. Mike, Sheri, JM, and Maddi were there too. It was a great time to watch Avi celebrate and visit with the family. On Sunday we got to spend time with both sides of the family.

Sunday night Gustav tried to give us something nice...my brother-in-law found out he wouldn't have school on Tuesday, so my sister was hoping that she'd be that lucky too. Unfortunately, she had to head back home on Monday because they were going to have class today!

So, we had an enjoyable long weekend visiting with family and avoiding the hurricane weather. Hope your Labor Day weekend went well!

No comments: