Monday, November 10, 2008

Great weekend...

Well, I took off work Friday and my Mom and I headed to Jackson early Friday morning to do some shopping. We met my sister-in-law, Deborah and my sister and niece, Sheri and Madison. We looked at a couple of stores, including Continental Sewing...where I was able to find the sewing machine I have been wanting! So yes, that is right, I now have my very own sewing machine. It is however my Christmas present so I will not be able to play with it for a little while (Really though Christmas is just around the corner).


After purchasing my new machine, we all headed to Mistletoe Marketplace to brave the crowds. There were a LOT of people there as always, but we had a good time looking at the different booths, and my Mom even got a few presents marked off her list! I found a pretty scarf and bought a dip mix from Apple Annie's to make for a Christmas party I'm going to next month! I'm excited because their dips are SO good.

Once we had done all the shopping we could handle for the day my sister, Mom, and I headed to the Women's Conference. There were over 3,000 women in attendance at the Extraordinary Women's Conference this weekend. The speakers were great and the music was amazing. My favorite speaker was Angela Thomas, she is just SO funny and personable. The conference ended with a concert my Mark Schultz. I had no idea I knew so many of his songs. He is a great artist and seemed so very humble during the concert. His words were sincere and heartfelt through his lyrics. Here is one of his new songs that I just love. We got to see the music video while he was singing it on stage...that was really neat!

Mark Schultz - Letters From War

She runs to the mailbox
On that bright summer day
Found a letter from our son
In a war far away

He spoke of the weather
And good friends that he'd made
Said I'd been thinking 'bout dad
And the life that he had
Thats why I'm here today
Then at the end he said
You are what I'm fighting for
It was the first of his letters from war

She started writing
(Chorus)
You're good and you're brave
What a father that you'll be someday
Make it home
Make it safe

She wrote everynight as she prayed

Late in December

A day she'll not forget
Oh her tears stained the paper
With every word that she read

It said "I was up on a hill
I was out there alone
When the shots all rang out
And bombs were exploding
And that's when I saw him
He came back for me
Though he was captured
A man set me free
That man was your son

He asked me to write to you
I told him I would oh I swore


It was the last of the letters from war

And she prayed he was living
Kept on believing and wrote every night just to say

(Chorus)

Still she kept writing each day

Then two years later
Autumn leaves all around
A car pulled in the driveway
And she fell to the ground
And out stepped a captain
Where her boy used to stand


He said, "Mom I'm following orders
From all of your letters
And I've come home again."
He ran in to hold her
And dropped all his bags on the floor
Holding all of her letters from war

Make it home
Make it home
Make it home

This is Mark's new CD...you should check it out sometime if you get the chance.


No comments: