Monday, November 17, 2008

Holiday project & a little quilting

This weekend was a lot of fun, but it went by too quickly as always! On Thursday and Friday of last week we had a Holiday Bazaar on campus and my sister-in law Deborah had a booth. It was great to get to go over after work and visit with her. I think they had a good time at the bazaar so maybe that means they'll be back next year!

On Saturday Charlotte and I worked on a holiday project...It's a Christmas card holder. (Click on the pictures to see the fabrics better).


I still have a few things to do, like finish the edges and the top to make it stay on the door (we're holding it in the pictures :)).

I never know what to do with my Christmas cards, they are always so beautiful and I want to display them in some way. So here is what we came up with. What do you think of it? Is it something you might use in your own house?

Also...
I've been doing a little quilting...still not very far along, but I thought I'd at least update you.


I got a stencil to go in the blue blocks (it's called simple celtic I think...I like it).

So that's what we've been up to last week and this weekend. Can't believe Thanksgiving is next week...we're excited. We love to visit with all of our family and holidays provide the perfect opportunity.

What have you been up to?


No comments: