Thursday, October 23, 2008

John Adams

Ok, so I must admit that I do not know my history facts as well as I should. This would have been very evident had you been at my house last night as we watched this miniseries about John Adams. Let's just say I learned a good bit last night about our nation, and the way it is presented in this DVD series is AMAZING. It is very engaging, and I personally feel compelled to learn even more...that's good since we're only half way through the series!

Let's just say that if you are looking for something that is educational and engaging at the same time, this is it. Honestly, I wish that everyone that is going to vote in this upcoming election would be required to watch this before being allowed to cast their vote. This really brings home the reasons our nation did what it did and how we got to where we are now. We are so far removed as a society from what freedom really means and what the founding fathers actually had in mind in the beginning. If you get a chance, go watch this series! Seriously. If you don't want to buy it, you can rent it from Netflix (I looked this morning), or you can probably get it from Blockbuster or somewhere like that (I'm assuming). But really, take the time and go watch this series, it's amazing.
(Picture from of Amazon.com)

No comments: