Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The big project I'm working on...

Well, I found a new hobby last December when I decided to make Christmas stockings. I had looked everywhere and couldn't find what I wanted so I decided to just make them...note: I had only sewed one other time in my life and that was a pillowcase with much supervision! So I asked Joel's mom to help me make these Christmas stockings and it turns out that I had the greatest time working on them, and I ended up making a tree skirt for us too. From there the hobby just grew and now I am always looking for some new project to begin.

I made a quilt for my niece in the spring, it was my first attempt at quilting. I found that I enjoy that activity too! So now I have two hobbies, haha. Here is a look at the quilt I made for Avi Grace...



Once I finished that quilt I immediately decided I needed a new project. So I looked around and finally found a quilt design that I loved, and I knew I had to make it. So I started on a Double Irish Chain. Let's just say I have a long way to go...but I am enjoying it! The quilt is going to be large enough to fit on a twin sized bed so I am excited about that. Here are a couple of pictures of my progress so far...



I'll keep you updated on the progress...my hope is to be at the quilting stage by Christmas...winter is the best time to quilt!

No comments: