Monday, August 4, 2008

A Saturday with lots of fun...

This weekend held a lot of fun for everyone. Joel's family was in town so we got to visit with them. We don't get to visit with the entire immediate family very often so when we do we take advantage of it! Both brothers were home along with their families. On Saturday we went to town and ran some errands and then spent the rest of the day hanging out at home.

I sewed a curtain for a friend...the first time I've made one (sorry no picture). It was surprisingly easy and a lot of fun. We grilled out burgers and hot dogs for supper and played some games with extended family. Around 8:00 a thunderstorm got stirred up and it was an amazing show of lights! At 8:30 when all is dark you could easily see the entire yard and road because it was lit up by lighting. Fortunately, we did not lose electricity!

The other new thing that I did this weekend was to cut Joel's hair for the first time. I know so many people who cut their husbands hair, but the idea just scared me. My sister-in-law Deborah was gracious enough to help me attempt the cutting! I was quite proud of how it turned out. We went to church on Sunday morning without having to make an emergency stop at the barber shop so I call that a success! I think I will be able to do better the next time...we bought some clippers of our own. I'll keep you updated on this aspect of our lives!

An observation I have made since I began working fulltime this summer is that the weekend seems to fly by! It's great when Friday gets here and before I know it I look up and it's Monday morning again. Not sure how yet...but we need to figure out how to make the weekend days slow down!

Off to do some reading now...

No comments: